Everyone loves potatoes prepared in some way, shape or form. My Chilli Garlic Potatoes celebrate this love for the world's most-consumed veggie in a spicy, mouth-watering, delectable fashion. Pop one of these delicious, cute-looking baby potatoes into your mouth and savor the succulent, ambrosial flavors of the myriad spices blending with the soft, fuzzy warmth of the baby potatoes. These Chilli Garlic Potatoes are awesome as appetizers or as side dishes - you can have them as a snack or serve at dinner, stir them up quickly on days that you are feeling too lazy to do intense cooking, rustle them at a moment's notice when guests come over unexpectedly, or easily make them in large quantites to serve as starters or as a side dish at parties.
I love to tinker around in the kitchen to invent recipes that are quick & easy & delicious, and Chilli Garlic Potatoes is one of my favorite creations. I created Chilli Garlic Potatoes on the similar lines as my Stir-fried Vegetables recipe, and have their worth proven everytime when my hubby, a self-proclaimed potato-avoider, goes gaga over this dish. In my recipe, I ensure that the spices stick on to the baby potatoes, such that the potatoes are thoroughly coated in spices even while serving - it makes them look so much more tempting and tastes so much better than having to scoop up the spicy mix separately from the bottom of the serving platter. Only one word of warning before you dive into the recipe, make a lot of these little cuties - don't be surprised when everybody comes back for seconds... or thirds :)
CHILLI GARLIC POTATOES RECIPE
Serves : 2
10 - 12 Baby Potatoes
1 tbsp minced fresh Garlic; peeled
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes or to taste
1 tsp Hot Chilli Sauce or to taste (I used Sriracha)
2 tbsp chopped Spring Onion greens; for garnishing
1/2 cup Water
2 tsp Corn Starch
How to make Chilli Potatoes
- Boil the potatoes with salt until just fork-tender. Peel the potatoes. Keep aside.
- Mix corn starch in 1/2 cup of water until smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic & salt and saute until the garlic is light brown in color.
- Add soy sauce, hot chilli sauce, vinegar & cornstarch mixture. Mix well.
- Add boiled potatoes & red chilli flakes. Mix well & cook till the sauce becomes thick enough to coat the potatoes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with spring onions. Serve hot with rice or noodles, or as an appetizer.