Chilli Paneer (Dry Version) Recipe
Salt to taste
How to make Chilli Paneer
- In large bowl, toss all the Marination ingredients (except oil). Add very little water, enough to make a thick paste. Add Cottage Cheese & mix again till all pieces are evenly coated with the marination mixture. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Shallow-fry the marinated cottage cheese (in batches) on all sides till golden brown. (Please be careful while shallow-frying as the oil might sputter). Drain on absorbent paper & keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in another non-stick pan/wok. Add garlic & sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion & saute till translucent. Add bell peppers & chillies and sauté till bell pepper is cooked but crunchy.
- Add soy sauce, red chilli paste & salt. Mix well.
- Reduce the heat. Add cottage cheese & toss such that the paneer is well coated with the sauces.
- Chilli Paneer is now ready. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Garnish with spring onions. Serve hot immediately.
If you want to serve as a side dish along with rice or noodles, mix 1 tbsp of corn starch in 1/2 cup of water/vegetable stock till smooth. Add the corn starch mixture after step # 7 & cook on high heat, stirring till the sauce is thick enough to coat the Cottage Cheese & the vegetables.