BAKED SPRING ROLL RECIPE
How to make Baked Spring Roll
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, chilli garlic sauce, black pepper, vinegar & sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the garlic & ginger & saute for a minute.
- Add green onions, carrot, cabbage, bean sprouts. Stir in the soy sauce mixture. Mix well. Turn the heat to medium-high. Saute till the liquid evaporates from the mixture (around 3-4 mins) while stirring constantly. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the all purpose flour & water. Keep aside.
- Take a wrapper, keeping the rest covered with a damp cloth. Place the wrapper in a diamond shape on a clean work surface with one of the corners facing you. Spoon 2 tbsp of the cabbage mixture onto the 1/3 of the wrapper corner closest to you. (see the directions given in the below chart)
- Pull the wrapper corner closest to you over the filling to cover it, and tuck it tightly under the filling.
- Roll upwards till you reach the center. Now, fold over the sides such that the edges are straight, and continue to roll upward. Moisten fingers in the flour mixture, and brush wrapper seams to seal. Place it on the baking sheet, seam side down. Brush the roll with oil. Cover with a damp cloth. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling. Arrange spring rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden turning the rolls halfway through.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes & serve hot with your favorite sweet Chilli sauce.