DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS RECIPE
How to make Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease it with cooking spray & set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the first 6 ingredients together & stir to mix.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg, applesauce, vanilla extract & mashed bananas until very well combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just moistened. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between prepared muffin cups & sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon chocolate chips on each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin then remove to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
I used Applesauce as a healthier substitute for vegetable oil. If you wish, you may use 1/3 cup vegetable oil instead of Applesauce.
We do not prefer overly sweet Muffins so 1/2 cup sugar was perfect in terms of sweetness for us but if you prefer more sweetness then increase the sugar to 3/4 cup.