JALAPENO STUFFED FRIED OLIVES RECIPE
How to make Fried Olives
- Drain the olives and rinse under cold running water. Set aside.
- Pulse the breadcrumbs in a food Processor till you get fine crumbs.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl, flour in another bowl, and the beaten egg in a small bowl.
- Dredge the olives in the flour, dip into the beaten egg and then roll into the breadcrumbs, making sure that they are evenly coated. (make sure your hands are dry or use a fork while coating the olives into the breadcrumbs to ensure proper coating)
- In a medium saucepan, heat about 3 inches of oil over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Carefully drop the olives into the oil, working in batches & fry until a deep golden-brown (be careful as the oil may sputter).
- Drain the fried olives on a paper towel, and serve hot.
- If you do not have a thermometer, test the correct temperature of the oil by dropping an olive in it - if it sizzles right away, the oil is at the right temperature for frying.
- You can also use pitted olives without the jalapeno stuffing for this recipe.