1 head Cauliflower; cut into bite-size florets
2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt, or to taste
½ tsp ground Black Pepper
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (Red Chilli Powder), or to taste; optional
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi); lightly roasted in a pan & ground to a fine powder (see tips)
½ tsp Garam Masala Powder; available in Indian Grocery Stores
½ tsp Dry Ginger Powder
1½ tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) or 2 tsp fresh Lemon juice; see tips
How to make Roasted Cauliflower with Indian Spices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place the rack in the centre of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower. Drizzle oil over the florets & toss to coat. Sprinkle the seasonings (including the lemon juice) over the florets. Using your hands, gently toss to coat such that every individual floret is coated evenly with spices.
- Spread the cauliflower pieces onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the stems are tender, and the edges are browned. Turn the cauliflower florets midway through roasting.
- Remove from oven. Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot with lemon wedges & cilantro-mint chutney or as a side dish.