SPICY THAI NOODLES RECIPE (DRUNKEN NOODLES RECIPE)
How to make Pad Kee Mao
- In a small bowl combine light soy sauce, black soy sauce, Golden Mountain sauce & sugar. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add salt to taste(optional), 1 tbsp oil & noodles. Cook noodles until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Keep all your ingredients prepped & ready before you start. In a large wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Swirl the wok (carefully) to coat the bottom & sides of the wok with oil.
- Add garlic & chillies & saute for 30 seconds. Raise the heat to high & add green onion, bell peppers & baby corn & saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add noodles & sauces and toss to combine until sauces are absorbed. Adjust seasoning as per your taste.
- Turn off the heat and add the holy basil. Toss to mix with the noodles. Serve.
- Light soy sauce is NOT the same as Low-Sodium Soy Sauce.
- All the above sauces are essential to get the right flavors of this dish so do not skip these sauces. These sauces are available in Asian Grocery stores.
- You can add veggies (broccoli, cabbage, carrots etc.), tofu, meats of your choice.
- I used dry Rice noodles, you can use fresh noodles if you so prefer. If using fresh noodles, cook the noodles as per the instructions given on the package.