How to make Churmur Chaat
Preparing Gram Flour Dumplings (Besan Pakodi); optional:
- In a small bowl, combine all the dumpling ingredients except water & oil. Add water as required to make a thick batter.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok/pan on medium heat. Scoop some batter with a tea spoon and drop it gently in the oil. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter. Deep-fry the dumplings till golden brown in color. Drain on absorbent paper.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of water & soak the dumplings for 20 minutes. Remove the dumplings & squeeze out the water gently. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except Golgappas, dumplings & Tamarind Chutney. Mix well.
- Slightly crush the dumplings with your hand. Add dumplings & drizzle Tamarind Chutney over the potato mixture & mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Just before serving, crush golgappas with your hand. Sprinkle them over the potato mixture. Do not mix. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.