TOMATO CILANTRO SOUP RECIPE
Serves : 2-3
How to make Tomato Soup
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds & onion. Saute until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes & cilantro leaves. Saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add water/vegetable stock & salt. Bring to a boil, lower the heat & cook uncovered for 20 minutes while stirring intermittently.
- Turn off the heat. Puree the contents with immersion blender (or food processor or regular blender) until smooth.
- Return the pureed mixture to the pan. Add black pepper, sugar/honey to taste. Cook on low heat, covered, for about 5 minutes or till the soup thickens.
- Remove from the heat. Adjust seasoning as per taste.
- Serve hot with a spoonful of cream in each bowl & garnished with cilantro leaves.