CHANA CHAAT RECIPE / CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE
Serves : 2-3
How to make Chana Chaat / Chickpea Salad
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in 3 cups of water. Drain the water. Pressure cook the chickpeas with 3 cups of water & salt until the chickpeas are cooked but still have a bite to them.
- Drain the water from the chickpeas.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, onion, potato, green chillies, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, chaat masala & black salt. Add lemon juice & tomatoes. Gently mix. Adjust seasoning as per taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle crushed papdis/puris (optional) over the Chickpeas. Garnish with ginger & cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
- You can also use canned chickpeas, in which case skip step #1 mentioned above.
- Using potatoes is optional. If you are health-conscious, feel free to skip it (as I did!).