EGG CURRY RECIPE
1 large-size Onion
1 1/2 cups pureed Tomatoes
1" Ginger; peeled
3 pods of Garlic; peeled
2 Serrano Green chillies or to taste; destemmed & finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Bay Leaf
1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh Cilantro leaves
How to make Egg Curry / Anda Curry
- Slit the boiled eggs in halves, either vertically or horizontally.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Carefully shallow-fry the eggs till they are light brown on all sides. Once done, remove the eggs and keep them aside.
- Grate ginger, garlic & onion together in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep non-stick pan. Saute cumin seeds, once the cumin seeds change color, add peppercorns, bay leaf. Saute for 5-6 seconds.
- Add grated onions. Sauté till the onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add tomatoes and sauté till oil separates from the onion-tomato mixture.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chillies & mix well. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water & mix well. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat & let it simmer for 10 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Adjust salt to your taste.
- Add the eggs to the gravy. Mix lightly & cook for two minutes.
- Transfer the Egg Curry into a bowl. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. Serve hot with paratha, roti or rice.
- If you are calorie-conscious, you can remove the yolk from the eggs & also skip shallow-frying the eggs.
- Shallow-frying the egg makes it slightly crispy and enhances its taste.