CHILLI GARLIC NAAN RECIPE
How to make Garlic Naan
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and baking powder together in a large bowl. Add green chillies & cilantro & mix thoroughly. Make a well in the center & add the yogurt & milk and mix to make a soft & stretchy dough. Apply little bit of oil to the surface of the dough & cover it with a damp Kitchen towel/paper towel. Set aside in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Punch the dough down & knead for a minute. Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, cover the balls with a damp kitchen towel, and let them rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet/Tawa (made of cast iron & with a handle) on high heat.
- Take a ball of dough, dust it with flour & flatten it between your palms. On a lightly floured work surface, set the ball of dough. Roll the ball into the shape of a teardrop (about 6-8 inches long & of around 1/4" thickness). Sprinkle the top of the dough evenly with garlic & gently roll over the garlic to make it stick to the dough.
- Invert the rolled dough on the floured surface & moisten the inverted side with water. Place the wet side down on the hot skillet. Cover & cook for 45 secs - 1 minute till bubbles appear on the surface of the naan. Remove the cover & invert the skillet/tawa over the direct flame of the burner (Since the dough is stuck to the pan, it will not fall off when you invert the skillet). Cook for 1 minute or till brown spots start appearing on the side of the dough facing the burner. Remove from the skillet & brush butter on the Naan. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Serve immediately.