LEMON CRINKLE COOKIES RECIPE
How to make Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer/hand mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy (takes about 3-4 minutes). Add the egg & mix until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract, and mix again until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl & mix again.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until it is just incorporated. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
- Add the confectioners' sugar to a wide, shallow bowl. Scoop about a tablespoon of cookie dough & drop it in the confectioners' sugar and roll in the sugar until well-coated. Once coated, roll between your palms to form a ball. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Repeat process to form more balls, and place them about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies have puffed and their surfaces have cracked. They'll still be fairly light in color. Remove from oven and cool cookies for about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.