EGGS IN HASH BROWN NESTS RECIPE
Olive Oil for spritzing
How to make Eggs in a Potato Basket
- Generously spray 6 muffin cups of a regular-size (non-stick) muffin tin with olive oil & set aside.
- Using a food processor with grater attachment or using a box grater, grate the potatoes & transfer them to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, mix & let it sit for 10 minutes. Put the grated potatoes in a cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove the excess water.
- Transfer the dried, grated potato to a large bowl. Add garlic powder, black pepper and oil & mix until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp of potato mixture into each muffin cup. Press the potatoes into the bottom & sides of the muffin cup to form a basket. When lining the sides make sure that the potatoes go all the way to the top of the muffin tin, & a thin layer covers the bottom. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top edges turn light golden brown.
- Meantime, beat the eggs in a medium-size bowl. Add salt, black pepper, cheese, red & green pepper, onion and green chillies & mix until combined. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven & fill each potato cup 3/4 with the egg mixture (about 3 tbsp). Return to the oven & bake for 20-23 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edge of each hash brown nest & gently remove it. Serve immediately.