MATAR KHEER RECIPE
1 tbsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
1 1/4 liters Whole Milk
1/4 cup White granulated Sugar, or to taste
1 tsp Green Cardamom powder
15-20 Raisins (Kismis); optional
25 Pistachios; sliced
How to make Matar Ki Kheer / Mutter Ki Kheer
- Wash & boil the green peas in microwave for 5 minutes or till tender. Refresh in cold water & grind to a fine paste.
- Heat clarified butter in a thick-bottomed pan on medium heat. Add green peas paste & saute for 3-4 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from heat & keep aside.
- Boil the milk in another deep pan. Add the milk to the cooked green peas paste. Mix well.
- Place the thick-bottomed pan containing the milk-peas mix on low heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes or till the milk is thickened. Keep stirring intermittently.
- Add sugar, green cardamom powder, raisins & pistachios. Simmer for another 5 minutes while stirring continuously. Adjust sugar as per your taste.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool down. Refrigerate it.
- Serve chilled, garnished with Pistachios.