MASALA PEANUTS RECIPE
3 cloves Garlic (optional); peeled, finely chopped & lightly crushed
3 tbsp Gram flour (Besan)
1 1/2 tbsp Rice flour
1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
Salt to taste
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Red chilli powder) or to taste
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
A pinch of Baking Soda
Oil for deep frying
1 tsp Chaat Masala or to taste
1 tbsp Water
How to make Masala Peanuts
- In a large bowl, add peanuts. Sprinkle all the other ingredients (except chaat masala, oil & water) over the peanuts. Mix well.
- Add water & mix well such that the peanuts are evenly coated with the sprinkled mixture.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok or pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully drop the peanuts in batches (ensure that the peanuts are separated from each other while dropping them in the oil). Deep fry till the sizzling sound of the oil lessens. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle chaat masala. Mix well. Allow to cool to room temperature and then store in air tight container.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or your favorite beverage :)
- Adjust spices as per your taste.
- Peanuts will fry very fast so remove them as soon as the sizzling sound lessens.