CRESCENT PINWHEELS RECIPE
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
3 tbsp finely chopped Onion
1/3 cup finely chopped Red Bell Pepper
3 tbsp finely chopped Jalapenos; seeded
1/4 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 tsp minced Garlic
Salt to taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
How to make Crescent Pinwheels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with Aluminium foil/parchment paper. Keep aside.
- Combine onion & garlic in a bowl.
- Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured work surface/countertop; separate into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Evenly sprinkle cheddar cheese over the rectangles, then the bell pepper, then jalapenos, then onion-garlic mixture, salt & pepper to taste.
- Roll up each rectangle tightly, starting with short end & press the edges to seal.
- Take a long piece of thread & place it under one of the rolls where it needs to be cut (approx 1 inch from the edge of the roll). Bring up the ends of the thread, criss-cross them in opposite directions like you were going to tie it, & pull sharply. Repeat the process with all the rolls to get 1-inch thick slices.
- Place the slices on the lined baking sheet one inch apart.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet & transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm.