CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE
12 small red or Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 - 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
Kosher Salt to taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
Garlic Powder to taste
Smoked Paprika to taste
1 tbsp finely chopped Rosemary (or any other Herb/s of your choice - Chives, thyme etc.) or to taste
Olive Oil for spritzing
How to make Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Salt the water generously.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain & let them cool for around 10 minutes.
- Spritz a large baking sheet pan generously with olive oil. Arrange the boiled potatoes on the baking sheet, leaving about one and a half inches of space between the potatoes.
- Smash potatoes with the bottom of a drinking glass (or your tool of choice) to about 1/2 inch thickness. Brush the tops of each smashed potato with olive oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika & chopped rosemary.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are crispy and golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven & transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately.