MUSHROOM GREEN PEAS CURRY RECIPE
1 cup Green Peas (fresh or frozen)
3/4 cup grated Onion
1 3/4 cup Tomato Puree
3-4 medium-size Garlic cloves; minced
1 inch fresh Ginger; peeled & minced
1 tsp Coriander Powder; see tips
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder; see tips
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Red Chilli Powder) or to taste; optional
1/2 tsp coarsely ground Black Pepper
1 inch Cinnamon stick
2 Green Cardamoms
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh Cilantro (Coriander) leaves
How to make Mushroom Matar (Green Peas) Curry
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick and onions and sauté until light golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and sauté till oil separates from the tomato-onion mixture.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper, and salt & cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a cup of water, bring the mixture to a boil and then add green peas and mushrooms. Cook on high heat for seven to eight minutes or till the green peas are fully cooked.
- Lower the heat, add black pepper & cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot.