LOW-FAT RASPBERRY LEMON MUFFINS RECIPE
How to make Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat 8 regular muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt & lemon zest. In a separate bowl combine yogurt, oil, egg, lemon juice & lemon extract. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and fold until almost blended (do not overmix).
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Top each muffin with 3 raspberries & push them into the batter almost 3/4 way down.
- Bake the muffins for 18- 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin then remove to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
- Do not fold rasperrries into the batter as raspberries might end up touching the sides or bottom of the muffin cup, & you will end up with soggy muffins. So, it is better to add the raspberries at the top after pouring in the batter into the muffin cup.
- Use raspberry yogurt, it gives a better flavor to the muffins than plain yogurt.
- It is important that you do not use any other oil besides vegetable oil.