SPICY CORN FRITTERS RECIPE
How to make Spicy Corn Fritters
- Pulse the corn in a food processor (6-7 pulses), just enough to get lightly mashed corn (some pieces will get lightly mashed & some will remain whole).
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add all the other ingredients (except oil) & stir until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat & coat the surface with a tablespoon of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of corn batter into the pan, Using a spatula, lightly press down the batter to flatten into a cake (about 3/4 inch thickness). Repeat the process with the remaining batter, working in batches of 3 or 4, leaving about 1 inch space between the fritters in the pan.
- Cook until the bottom turns a rich golden-brown (takes about 2-3 minutes). Flip over and cook the other side until golden-brown (another 2-3 minutes). Add oil to the skillet as needed.
- Drain the fritters on paper towel. Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.