Moong Dal Pakora Recipe
3/4 cup finely chopped Onion
4-5 Serrano Green Chillies or to taste; destemmed & finely chopped
1 tbsp minced Ginger; peeled
2 tbsp finely chopped Cilantro (Coriander) leaves
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Red chilli powder) or to taste
Oil for deep frying
How to make Moong dal Pakoda
- Wash and soak green gram in 3 cups of water for 1 hour.
- Drain & coarsely grind green gram using very little water. Batter should be thick.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add all the ingredients except oil & mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan/wok on medium-high heat.
- To check if the oil is ready for frying, put one drop of batter in oil. The batter should sizzle and come up but not change color instantly.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and drop them in the oil carefully. Fry in small batches. Deep fry till golden brown in color from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with Green Chutney.