MASALA MUSHROOM (KHUMB) RECIPE
3 medium-size Tomatoes; pureed
1/2 tbsp fresh Garlic paste
1 tsp Cumin seeds
For dry-roasting & pounding:
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
3 dried Red Chillies, or to taste
How to make Masala Mushrooms
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add dried red chillies & coriander seeds. Dry-roast for 1-2 minutes or till fragrant while stirring constantly. Remove the pan from heat. Once the spices cool down, pound them coarsely using a mortar & pestle. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds begin to change color, add garlic paste & sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add onions & ginger paste. Sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Add the pounded spices & sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée & salt. Sauté till the oil separates from the tomato-onion mixture.
- Add the mushrooms and cook while stirring gently for 7-8 minutes or till the mushrooms are cooked. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot with parathas, rotis or naan.